Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Psalm 26


David's Confident Plea to God for Deliverance.

I. David's request for Examination (vs 1-8)

     A. Four words expressing examination – complete examination
    1. Judge me (vs 1) - (Ex 2:14)(Lev 19:15)(Dut 1:16)
      Use your judicial discernment in my life.
      David requested this in (Ps 7:8 ; 35:24 ; 43:1)
    2. Examine me (vs 2) scrutinize, (Zech 13:9 – try )
    3. Prove me (vs 2) test (Judg 2:22)(1Kings 10:1)(Dan 1:12)
    4. Try me (vs 2) refine through the fire (Jer 9:7 - melt)
     B. Eleven statements of confidence.
    1. I have walked in mine integrity (vs 1) (completeness)
    2. I have trusted in the LORD (vs 1) confident in Him
    3. Thy loving kindness is before mine eyes (vs 3) how he dealt with others and saw God in his life
    4. I have walked in thy truth (vs 3) (stability, firmness)
    5. I have not sat with vain persons (vs 4) (empty, worthless)
    6. I will not go with dissemblers (vs 4) (those who are secretive, hiding)
    7. I have hated the congregation of evil doers (vs 5)
      (Dut 4:42)
    8. I will not sit with the wicked (vs 5) dwell (Gen 4:16)( Mal 3:3- Lord will sit.) (Lot sat at the gate of Sodom(Gen 19:1)
    9. I will wash my hands in innocency (vs 6) observance of one who brought sacrifice to God.
    10. I will compass thine altar (vs 6-7) The one who brought the sacrifice was actively engaged in the sacrifice, they were with the priest while he performed his duties.
    11. I have loved thy house (vs 8) as opposed to sitting with the wicked. - Speaks of regular attendance to worship  
  1. David's request for Redemption (vs 9-12)
    A. Gather not my soul (vs 9) Do not put me in the same category
    B. Redeem me (vs 11) deliverance Ex 14:30, Isa 59:15, 20
    C. Be merciful (vs 11) pity me and show favor

No comments:

Post a Comment